Is there a way to give connection details from command line when opening the mmc console or web application

Aug 19, 2010 at 8:51 AM
The thing is, i want to give some managers right to control their own applications, 1) i can give them mmc console they have to have some requirements, mmc 3.0, .net framework? does it run on xp? can the console be installed separately? 2) i can give them web console nothing to install? have the exact same features as mmc? for both mmc or web console, i dont want my manager to deal with login details. For example he/she should just click azman console and it should open without asking for username password or database name How can i do that?
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Hi,

I will answer inline

1) i can give them mmc console they have to have some requirements, mmc 3.0, .net framework?
[.NET 4.0 (Full), MMC 3.0]

2) does it run on xp?
[Windows XP or later]
can the console be installed separately?
Use the NetSqlAzManSetup.msi installer and while installing uncheck all other options like documentation, database schema, etc.

3) i can give them web console nothing to install?
Download the NetSqlAzManWebConsole.msi installer and install it on Web Server

4) have the exact same features as mmc?
[Yes, same feature but web console in English only and for Domain Users only; Web Console does not support local machine Users/Groups]

5) for both mmc or web console, i dont want my manager to deal with login details. For example he/she should just click azman console and it should open without asking for username password or database name How can i do that?
[For MMC Snap In: Login first time, then credential will be saved into the SnapIn .msc file (c:\windows\system32\netsqlazman.msc); if you want you can give .msc file to other users.
[For Web Console: Into the logon Form, you can click “Remember me”; a permament cookie will be written on the client-machine.

Regards,
Andrea.