administration mode vs developer mode

May 17, 2011 at 8:09 PM

I want to be able to use windows nt groups in the administration mode, however, the dialog to add groups is not available. What was the thinking behind this?

Thanks

May 18, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Have you read the NetSqlAzMan Guide.pdf ?

See page 10:

NetSqlAzMan can work in two different ways: “Administrator” and “Developer”; the first one doesn’t regard local Users/Groups/Well Know SIDs but only the Domain or Forest Active Directory Users/Groups/Well Know SIDs and doesn’t allow the Operation manipulation (because considered at developers use); the second one regards both . The “Developer” way has been done just for the development time, when the Deployment environment isn’t available or not even known. In this way the developer has to define from which are the Operations that make up each Task (previously defined by the analyst). To change this way it’s necessari to use the console and, by right clicking on the.NET Sql Authorization Manager node, choose the Options menu.

Regards,

Andrea.

May 18, 2011 at 6:52 PM
Edited May 18, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Hi, Andrea:

I read the document and I found the the paragraph you cited before I sent the email.

The problem that I had was that, in the Administrator mode, the dialog for selecting a group was disabled and I am not too sure if that happened because my computer is not under a domain. In the paragraph that you sent it says that in the Administrator mode I can select a Domain group. So, if I run the management console under a domain computer I assume the dialog should be enabled.

Thanks

May 18, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Now I have understood.

May be that your machine is not joined to any AD Domain ?