Installation of NetSqlAzMan renders Exchange Management Console unuseable

Topics: General Topic, MMC SnapIn
Mar 6, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Hello,

After installing NetSqlAzMan the Exchange Management Console stopped working, it just wont display any data, or crash with a System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException. Same situation on Win7 x64 and SBS2011 x64. The exchange server itself is working, and I can still without any problem access settings via the power shell. 

After uninstalling NetSqlAzMan on my Win7 machine it all worked again instantly. I couldnt get the exchange management console running on the server again.

Has anyone experienced the same issues?

Rgds

Coordinator
Mar 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Hi,

NetSqlAzMan needs some configuration into the c:\windows\syswow64\mmc.exe.config file …

Try to rename this file and run again the Exchange console to see if is this causing the issue.

Regards,

Andrea.

Da: st1pps [email removed]
Inviato: martedì 6 marzo 2012 14:20
A: Andrea Ferendeles
Oggetto: Installation of NetSqlAzMan renders Exchange Management Console unuseable [netsqlazman:347482]

Hello,

After installing NetSqlAzMan the Exchange Management Console stopped working, it just wont display any data, or crash with a System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException. Same situation on Win7 x64 and SBS2011 x64. The exchange server itself is working, and I can still without any problem access settings via the power shell.

After uninstalling NetSqlAzMan on my Win7 machine it all worked again instantly. I couldnt get the exchange management console running on the server again.

Has anyone experienced the same issues?

Rgds

Mar 6, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I cannot find a mmc.exe.config file in SysWOW64 or System32 .. 

I found many indications on the internet that the configuration file would be the one to blame .. 

Will try to restart another time in the evening.

Regards,

Fredrik