Allow Required Application Groups for Operations

Topics: General Topic
Aug 6, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Edited Aug 6, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Right now if I set up an Operation and add 3 groups to it, they are all considered a logical "OR".  (Meaning you have to be in the First OR the Second OR the Third.)

I would like to have the option to designate a group to be an "AND".

This would allow me to designate group 1 to be "Required". 

Then I can have the logic be (First AND Second) OR (First AND Third).

User Scenario:
The user scenario behind this is that departments (or some other kind of group) have operations setup for their users.  These users get added to the operations and all is well.

Then a user transfers to a different department.  Supervisors are supposed to clean up AzMan, but many forget.  The transferred user now gets the operations of that new department added, while retaining old operations as well (Bad).

This feature would allow me to leverage a more frequently (and automatically) updated Active Directory department list (the First group discussed above).  Once the user is no longer a member of that group, they will lose permissions to the operation (despite being in the other two groups)

NOTE: As this is a feature request, I did not include the version, os and other info required for a new discussion.

Coordinator
Aug 7, 2012 at 8:22 AM

The unique workaround for now is to use BizRules … or writing custom code.

No other way by now.

What you are asking for is not so simple to implement.

Da: Vaccano [email removed]
Inviato: martedì 7 agosto 2012 01:16
A: Andrea Ferendeles
Oggetto: Allow Required Application Groups for Operations [netsqlazman:390488]

Right now if I set up an Operation and add 3 groups to it, they are all considered a logical "OR". (Meaning you have to be in the First OR the Second OR the Third.)

I would like to have the option to designate a group to be an "AND".

This would allow me to designate group 1 to be "Required".

Then I can have the logic be (First AND Second) OR (First AND Third).

User Scenario:
The user scenario behind this is that departments (or some other kind of group) have operations setup for their users. These users get added to the operations and all is well.

Then a user transfers to a different department. Supervisors are supposed to clean up AzMan, but many forget. The transferred user now gets the operations of that new department added, while retaining old operations as well (Bad).

This feature would allow me to leverage a more frequently (and automatically) updated Active Directory department list (the First group discussed above). Once the user is no longer a member of that group, they will lose permissions to the operation (despite being in the other two groups)

Aug 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Aferende,

Thanks for the response. 

I will implement it in my service code then.  (I have a question about that, but I will post it in a separate discussion.)

Vaccano