Don't show new version dialog

Topics: MMC SnapIn
May 8, 2013 at 1:36 PM
We have NetAzman 3.6.0.9 installed and is quite happy with this version. But whenever I start the Console, I get a dialog "A new NetSqlAzMan version is available". Is there anyway to not show this dialog?

It's a good product and thanks a bunch.
Coordinator
May 8, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Of course ... yes

Syntax:
mmc.exe netsqlazman.msc [/DebugMode] [/NoSplashScreen] [/NoCheckForUpdate]

where:
/DebugMode: display a pop-up to allow Visual Studio.NET developers to attach to the mmc.exe process.
/NoSplashScreen: does not show the Splash screen
/NoCheckForUpdate: does not connect to Internet to check for NetSqlAzMan updates.
May 8, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Edited May 8, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Your solution works if I create my own shortcut. With the native installation, there is a Start menu item (shortcut) "NET Sql Authorization Manager Console", which is under "Start\All Programs.NET Sql Authorization Manager", How can I add the NoCheckForUpdate argument to this shortcut?
Coordinator
May 13, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Just replace your custom shortcut with the installed one.
May 13, 2013 at 9:08 PM
I just deleted the installed shortcut "NET Sql Authorization Manager Console", then created a new shortcut with this target "C:\Windows\System32\mmc.exe NetSqlAzMan.msc /NoCheckForUpdate" and now the problem is solved (the installed shortcut "NET Sql Authorization Manager Console" cannot be modified to add the command arguments).

Thanks!