management of GUIs

Mar 13, 2009 at 8:54 AM
Hi, I have been a little been confused about the change from sourceforge to codeples.
I have not understood why... any way...
I am newbie about the authentication theme and I have this question:
How do you handle the GUI with netsqlazman ? 
for example I have a smart client and I want that the "administrator" can see a form but the "user" can't. 
 
do you write code like this? 
 
if Check("admin") then 
form.visible = true 
else 
form.visible = false 
 
or do you use a smarter way !? 
 
thks 

Coordinator
Mar 13, 2009 at 10:35 PM
Hi news75,
the decision to move to codeplex.com derives substantially from a better management by the CodePlex of the source code.
CodePlex indeed provides support for Visual Studio Team System, sourceforge instead uses tortoiseVPN.
This is just one of many reasons but perhaps this deserves a discussion thread belonging.

The answer to your question is yes ... you write code like this around.
Typically we would write a routine Helper type your CheckAccess and do things like:

Form1.Visible = Check ( "admin");

At the end is only one line of code.
Regards,
Andrea.


Mar 14, 2009 at 9:38 AM
On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 15:36 -0700, aferende wrote:
> From: aferende
>
> Hi news75,
> the decision to move to codeplex.com derives substantially from a
> better management by the CodePlex of the source code.
> CodePlex indeed provides support for Visual Studio Team System,
> sourceforge instead uses tortoiseVPN.
> This is just one of many reasons but perhaps this deserves a
> discussion thread belonging.
>

thanks for the answer, I believe you about the better facilities
provided by codeplex. But you have a good community of people that are
using netsqlazman and I'm sure that they will appreciate that you share
with them you decisions. this is all IMO.

> The answer to your question is yes ... you write code like this
> around.
> Typically we would write a routine Helper type your CheckAccess and do
> things like:
>
> Form1.Visible = Check ( "admin");
> At the end is only one line of code.

I agree with you, it's only one line of code. and I like it, I would
only know the best practices used.

I have found a thread that speak about AOP and the use of netsqlazman
here:
http://forum.springframework.net/showthread.php?t=2453&highlight=authorization
maybe some one is interested.

> Regards,
> Andrea.
>
thks
n.
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2009 at 10:06 AM
Edited Mar 14, 2009 at 10:09 AM

SourceForge.net community is a great community, but everytime I have to publish a new release I spend 3 hours !

With CodePlex I can publish a new release in 5 minutes !

I prefer to spend 2.55 hours to implement some new NetSqlAzMan features for the community itself.

Regarding your question:

 1) I1)  ASP.NET I suggest to create an handler to check the page access

 2) I2)  Smart Client its better to create a Windows Form base with inside some “protected” methods to check the access on buttons, forms and so on.

May be that in some future release … I will try to add this helpers, but everyone prefer to add this code in a cutom way.

Regards,

Andrea.

Mar 16, 2009 at 8:58 AM
>I prefer to spend 2.55 hours to implement some new NetSqlAzMan features for the community itself.

great!

>Regarding your question:

thks for all good suggestions.

  n.