NetSqlAzMan perfomance benchmarks related DBUser "mode"

Jun 3, 2009 at 2:57 PM
Edited Jun 3, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Hi Andrea,

We have been evaluating integration of NetSqlAzMan into an enterprise level asp,net application that will eventually service upwards of 50,000 users with approxiametly 70 tasks/operations and 10 application roles utilizing a pretty hefty Sql Server 2008 box.  If we go ahead and use the framework, we would likely intially cache the UserPermissionCache object in the user's asp.net Session with the hope of eventually integrating something like NCache or Velocity in the future for caching user authorizations. The use of the WCF Cache is also a possbilty if it does not present a single point of failure situation. 

I don't yet have a comprehensive impression of the underlying data structures and stored procedures that access authorizations. The initial questions that I have revolve around performance when using DBUser with a sizable number of rows in the application's User/[UserDemo] table. Of concern are the conversions seen so far of the User/[UserDemo].UserID field to varbinary DBUserSid and table joins that might be required to return CheckAccess authorizations,

Are there any NetSqlAzMan perfomance benchmarks related DBUser "mode" and the number authorizations that can be processed?

Regards, Bill

Coordinator
Jun 3, 2009 at 4:26 PM
Hi Bill,
Performance benchmarks related DBUser mode are the same for Windows Users; the difference is only in the time to build the cache (little difference).
The WCF Cache Service is built as "NT Service" ... and can be clustered as a "Generic Cluster Service" (no SPofF)
Consider less then 30 ms (my notebook) to perform a CheckAccess (cached) using the UserPerformanceCache (in session).
Regards,
Andrea.