Merge .NET SQL AzMan database with my application database

Jun 17, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Hi,

first of all appologies if my re-raising an issue that has been discussed earlier, I really tried to find some discussion on this matter earlier, but failed.

I'm using .NET SQL AzMan for some time now on a few projects and I'm very, very satisfied.  So far I've been using it in a way to have my application database and my .NET SQL AzMan database sepparate (my application always uses two databases: one for all the application data and the other for authentication and authorization mechanisms).

Basically, I don't have many problems with this solution, but it does turn out that having just one database would be a better solution. Of course, there is no technical reason stopping me from merging my databases, save for one reason that is quite important to me: keeping my database clean and tidy. Let me explain: I'm a bit worried that .NET SQL AzMan tables, stored procedures etc would be mixed with my App's tables and other objects.

What I had in mind is that it would be perfect if .NET SQL AzMan database object could be stored in its sepparate database schema (prefered) or prefixed with its unique prefix.

Did you condier this issue before and do you have some ideas on this matter?

Thank you very much for you time and thoughs, best regards,

Igor Vukmirović

Neoinfo ltd

Zagreb, Croatia

Jun 17, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Hi Igor,

This feature has been implemented since the release 3.6.0.x.

From this release onwards Items Database NetSqlAzManStorage all have a prefix of "netsqlazman_".

Have you tried it ?

Regards,

Andrea.

http://netsqlazman.codeplex.com

Jun 17, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Hi Andrea,

guess you've read my mind :)

I'm using 3.5.1., haven't upgraded to 3.6.0 yet, but definitely will because of this feature!

Thank you for your response and keep up the good work!

Best regards,

Igor

Jun 17, 2009 at 1:08 PM

Since you must update … please use the release 3.6.0.1 just published (latest).

Regards,

Andrea.

http://netsqlazman.codeplex.com