Trying to build from source code, netsqlazman-53636

Aug 19, 2010 at 3:45 PM
When i am trying to build the solution, I had .pfx loading errors as i did not have the password, i removed all the pfx and recreate them When trying to build, i have this file not found error Error 6 TSD00259: File C:\netsqlazman-53636\NetSqlAzMan_Solution\NetSqlAzManStorage\Upgraded\UpgradedServerObjects.dbschema does not exist. 0 0 NetSqlAzManStorage And these warnings; Warning 5 All custom dialogs must precede the 'Installation Folder' dialog. C:\Users\ygulsen\Desktop\netsqlazman-53636\NetSqlAzMan_Solution\NetSqlAzManSetup\NetSqlAzManSetup.vdproj NetSqlAzManSetup Warning 4 Unable to find dependency 'SQLAUDIT' (Signature='0010B2B0864B0D6B' Version='2.0.1.0') of assembly 'NetSqlAzMan.SnapIn.dll' C:\Users\ygulsen\Desktop\netsqlazman-53636\NetSqlAzMan_Solution\NetSqlAzManSetup\NetSqlAzManSetup.vdproj NetSqlAzManSetup Warning 3 Unable to find dependency 'MICROSOFT.INTEROP.SECURITY.AZROLES' (Signature='31BF3856AD364E35' Version='1.2.0.0') of assembly 'NetSqlAzMan.SnapIn.dll' C:\Users\ygulsen\Desktop\netsqlazman-53636\NetSqlAzMan_Solution\NetSqlAzManSetup\NetSqlAzManSetup.vdproj NetSqlAzManSetup Warning 2 Unable to find dependency 'CUBICORANGE.WINDOWS.FORMS.ACTIVEDIRECTORY' (Signature='BC057CE9D2AB3830' Version='2.0.0.0') of assembly 'NetSqlAzMan.SnapIn.dll' C:\Users\ygulsen\Desktop\netsqlazman-53636\NetSqlAzMan_Solution\NetSqlAzManSetup\NetSqlAzManSetup.vdproj NetSqlAzManSetup Warning 1 The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes within it can be designed. The designer inspected the following classes in the file: frmStorageConnection --- The base class 'NetSqlAzMan.SnapIn.Forms.frmBase' could not be loaded. Ensure the assembly has been referenced and that all projects have been built. 0 0
Aug 19, 2010 at 7:00 PM

When i am trying to build the solution, I had .pfx loading errors as i did not have the password, i removed all the pfx and recreate them

[Argument already discussed in the forum, just search]

When trying to build, i have this file not found error Error 6 TSD00259: File C:\netsqlazman-53636\NetSqlAzMan_Solution\NetSqlAzManStorage\Upgraded\UpgradedServerObjects.dbschema does not exist. 0 0

[You need a SQL Server 2005 Express edition installed and service starte, otherwise just uncheck NetSqlAzManStorageDB “Build option” from your configuration (Configuration Management).

NetSqlAzManStorage And these warnings; Warning 5 All custom dialogs must precede the 'Installation Folder' dialog. C:\Users\ygulsen\Desktop\netsqlazman-53636\NetSqlAzMan_Solution\NetSqlAzManSetup\NetSqlAzManSetup.vdproj NetSqlAzManSetup Warning 4 Unable to find dependency 'SQLAUDIT' (Signature='0010B2B0864B0D6B' Version='2.0.1.0') of assembly 'NetSqlAzMan.SnapIn.dll' C:\Users\ygulsen\Desktop\netsqlazman-53636\NetSqlAzMan_Solution\NetSqlAzManSetup\NetSqlAzManSetup.vdproj NetSqlAzManSetup Warning 3 Unable to find dependency 'MICROSOFT.INTEROP.SECURITY.AZROLES' (Signature='31BF3856AD364E35' Version='1.2.0.0') of assembly 'NetSqlAzMan.SnapIn.dll' C:\Users\ygulsen\Desktop\netsqlazman-53636\NetSqlAzMan_Solution\NetSqlAzManSetup\NetSqlAzManSetup.vdproj NetSqlAzManSetup Warning 2 Unable to find dependency 'CUBICORANGE.WINDOWS.FORMS.ACTIVEDIRECTORY' (Signature='BC057CE9D2AB3830' Version='2.0.0.0') of assembly 'NetSqlAzMan.SnapIn.dll' C:\Users\ygulsen\Desktop\netsqlazman-53636\NetSqlAzMan_Solution\NetSqlAzManSetup\NetSqlAzManSetup.vdproj NetSqlAzManSetup Warning 1 The designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes within it can be designed. The designer inspected the following classes in the file: frmStorageConnection --- The base class 'NetSqlAzMan.SnapIn.Forms.frmBase' could not be loaded. Ensure the assembly has been referenced and that all projects have been built. 0 0

[Ignore all other warnings]

Let me know.

Aug 20, 2010 at 8:20 AM

Well yep i can build the project now, but;

I have changed the frmSplash in MMC Snapin,

Then , could not find a way to install the snapin so builded the setuppackage and uninstalled, reinstalled. But my changes were not there.

Two questions,

1)can you give instructions to just install the snapin? (using installutil.exe?)

2)why does not my snap in get updated in the msi package?

Aug 20, 2010 at 8:33 AM

A better way to avoid Splash Screen is to use:

o mmc.exe netsqlazman.msc [/DebugMode] [/NoSplashScreen] [/NoCheckForUpdate]

where:

§ /DebugMode: display a pop-up to allow Visual Studio.NET developers to attach to the mmc.exe process.

§ /NoSplashScreen: does not show the Splash screen

§ /NoCheckForUpdate: does not connect to Internet to check for NetSqlAzMan updates.

So, create a  .cmd/.bat file with:

mmc.exe netsqlazman.msc /NoSplashScreen

1)can you give instructions to just install the snapin? (using installutil.exe?)
installutil.exe /i NetSqlAzMan.SnapIn.dll

2)why does not my snap in get updated in the msi package?
MSI is not built in Debug configuration. Change to Release mode and Re-Compile all.

Regards,

Andrea.