Roles, SubRoles and where Operations attach

Sep 21, 2010 at 2:06 PM
Edited Sep 21, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Hi Andrea,

From the Management Console GUI: Within an application, I created a 'parent' role and a 'child' role. Right click on the 'parent' role definition, select Role properties, Roles Tab, select 'child' role, press add, OK.

View the Roles Definitions tree, select 'parent' you'll see child on the right hand window. Add operation1, op2 and op3. Add Auth for yourself to the 'parent' role. On the Role Definitions, right click 'child' role, Role Properties, Operations Tab, add op1 and op2 to the 'child' Role. OK.  On the Role Definitions, right click 'parent' role, Role Properties, Operations Tab, add op3 the 'parent' Role. OK.

Right click on the application in the tree, Check Access Test. Start Check Access Test for yourself. op1, op2 and op3 appear under the application tree, not where they are connected. I think it would be more understandable to place (in this case) operations under the parent item. This would allow the user to explicitly see where items are attached in the hierarchy. If op1 was connected to parent, the access check tree looks the same. When I remove op1 from parent, it still looks the same because Child has op1 still, but when you have hundreds of operations, task, etc. it can be like finding a needle in a hay stack.  Just a suggestions..  cheers, Steve

- 3.6.0.7 NetSqlAzMan version
- Management Console
- XP Pro SP3 with C#
- Platform (x86, 32 bit)
- SQL Server version (2005)

Coordinator
Sep 21, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Hi,

you have simply a refresh problem !

NetSqlAzMan is already as you specified !

Try to refresh (right click on the Application … refresh).

If not please send me by email the XML exported storage.

I will look it.

Regards,

Andrea.