Authorization to manage Application/Store Groups

Topics: MMC SnapIn
Jan 13, 2011 at 1:44 PM

I’ve just started looking at implementing NetSQLAzMan as an authorisation tool for some applications.

I was wondering if there is any way to manage the Application and Store Group Members in a similar way to how the Tasks and Operations.

What I’d like to have is something like:

1.       As an administrator, I can setup new tasks/operations/roles but I would not want anybody to be able to do this. This works fine in my implementation now

2.       I would like our management team to be able to add and remove users from e.g. An Operators Application Group, so when we get new starters they can assign them permissions to run a particular application. I wouldn’t want them to be able to change the underlying structure though. I.E. I’d rather keep the groups rather than delegate permissions on each Task/Operation.

I know that one option would be to create the Application Groups within our Windows AD, but our IT Team wouldn’t be keen on supporting this.

Jan 13, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Hi,

by now NetSqlAzMan supports permission at least at Store and/or Application-level.

No support for Application Groups / Store Groups level.

Regards,

Andrea.

Jan 14, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Have you got any ideas what the best way to add this functionality into NetSQLAzMan?

I looked at the Items Table and thought that this probably wasn't the best place to add the feature, instead maybe add a new table for Application/Store Authorizations that copies the functionality within the Authorizations Table but with two fields, "ApplicationID" and "StoreID" instead of ItemID. Do you think this could work?

Regards

Adam

Jan 14, 2011 at 1:43 PM

Yes, it should work.

However, it is a significant change

Regards,

Andrea.