Windows Athentication

Topics: NetSqlAzMan Core
Jul 29, 2012 at 4:29 AM

Hi There,

I am creating a small application where I need to provide a login screen where users will enter their windows credentials in order to get access to the application features. I am thinking of using NetSqlAzman. the issue is user must be able to login and access application features even from a different node where other user is already logged in.

e.g. User A is logged in to a machine where our application is running. If user B want to use the System where A is logged in he must be able to login throw our application. Since I cannot use WindowsIdentity.Current which will give me the credential of User A how can I authenticate User B to give him access to the features what he actually required.

Noufal

Developer
Jul 30, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I assume you have a client application (Windows Form Application written in .Net). The solution to your problem might be using Impersonation. It's not highly recommended because one of the biggest advantage of Windows Authentication is single sign on: you never need type in user/password again after logon to Windows. But, if you insist, you'll need:

1. A logon screen to take User B's user name and password, and save it somewhere.
  2. Every time you want to check security, you need impersonate so WindowsIdentity.Current will return User B.

It's authentication design not authorization, kind of outside AzMan scope.

Hope I understand your question right.

Richard