Using Oracle for NetSQLAzMan

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Do you have plans to use Oracle as database for NetSQLAzMan?

Mar 13, 2009 at 11:39 PM
Edited Mar 13, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Hi,
by now there is no way to use Oracle in NetSqlAzMan, because many features are unique to SQL Server only; i.e. SQL Server is able to translate a SID in Active Directory account to its equivalent, while Oracle is not able.

Regards,
Andrea.

May 11, 2009 at 5:53 PM

"by now there is no way to use Oracle in NetSqlAzMan, because many features are unique to SQL Server only; i.e. SQL Server is able to translate a SID in Active Directory account to its equivalent, while Oracle is not able. "

That's not true, by using .NET Stored Procedures I am able to use AzMan within Oracle.  I am fully able to translate the connecting user into a Windows Principle Object and run the thread as that user.  Once I have the Windows Principle I can gain access to whatever information I need including the translating any SID into an account.

May 11, 2009 at 8:58 PM
Can you provide a "NetSqlAzMan_Storage.sql" script for Oracle DB ?
Thanks,
Andrea.

May 11, 2009 at 9:40 PM

At some point I can provide the code if I determine this solution works better for me than AzMan I'll port this to Oracle.  I probably just leave your solution within SQL Server and call it as a seperate application/service from within Oracle.  I already have an Oracle CheckAccess function written that runs against AzMan, I'd just have to convert it to NetSqlAzMan.

The other port would be for complete Oracle Storage with any SQL server needed.

May 11, 2009 at 10:27 PM
Ok.
Let me know.
Thx.
Andrea.

May 21, 2009 at 2:22 AM

Worked great from within Oracle.  On my client app a screen with rules that used to take 7+ seconds to load, now takes .4 seconds.  My Oracle Stored Procs that used to take 3 seconds when using AzMan take only a few milliseconds.

Jun 9, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Please if you can provide me with Orcale implementation, please if you can help contact me  ahussien.gomaa@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Hi guys, any news on this? I need a way of using an oracle database as the store for NetSQLAzman, and I gather that some here might have a possible solution. Any help would be great.