snap-in MSI

Apr 8, 2009 at 8:21 PM
Do you have a project that creates the .msi file for the snap-in? Is this in the source code folder and I'm just missing it? Thanks.
Apr 8, 2009 at 8:41 PM
Edited Apr 8, 2009 at 8:41 PM
Let me clarify. Basically, I compiled a new snap-in .dll and I want to deploy it to my local machine so that when I run NetSqlAzMan.msc, it runs with the new snap-in .dll. So I compiled the snap-in and copied all .dlls to the C:\Program Files\.NET Sql Authorization Manager directory. But when I try to run, I get an error. I'm getting a MMC error: "MMC could not creaet the snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly." Then it gives me a CLSID:FX:(GUID) number. 

Is the .dll somehow registered somewhere?
Apr 8, 2009 at 8:56 PM
To FURTHER clarify.... I really only made a change in the NetSqlAzMan.dll and want the snap-in to now use this .dll. But when I copy the NetSqlAzMan.dll to the C:\Program Files\.NET Sql Authorization Manager  directory, I also get the same MMC error that I mention in my previous post.

Thanks for any help you can provide!!!
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Yes,

the project is “NetSqlAzManSetup” … under the folder “1 Core and SnapIn”.

Regards,

Andrea.

Coordinator
Apr 8, 2009 at 9:16 PM

May be a problem regarding del “NetSqlAzMan.SnapIn.resources.dll” file.

Try to recompile the MSI project and see if works.

Andrea.

Apr 8, 2009 at 9:19 PM
Thanks for your response. I see the "NetSqlAzManSetup" folder, but I don't see the "1 Core and SnapIn" folder. Should I find the "1 Core and SnapIn" folder inside the "NetSqlAzManSetup" folder?
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2009 at 9:20 PM

I have checked-in now the new solution structure.

Just download the latest source code.

Regards,

Andrea.

Apr 8, 2009 at 9:24 PM
Hmmmm... downloaded the latest but still don't see the "1 Core and SnapIn" folder.
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Are you looking inside Visual Studio ?

I’m talking about a Visual Studio Solution Folder … and not of a file system folder.

Andrea.

Apr 8, 2009 at 9:35 PM
I see now. Thanks! How do I open without deleting the .pfx file? Because when I do, I get an error when compiling :

Error 3 Unable to get MD5 checksum for the key file "NetSqlAzMan.SnapIn.pfx". Could not find file 'C:\junk\NetSqlAzMan_Solution\NetSqlAzMan.SnapIn\NetSqlAzMan.SnapIn.pfx'. NetSqlAzMan.SnapIn
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2009 at 9:37 PM

No problem.

Just delete the .pfx files and ricreate them with your passwords.

There is another post on the forum about the .pfx files that explains this.

Regards,

Andrea.

Apr 8, 2009 at 9:39 PM
Your response time is immpeccable and I'm very thankful for your assistance as it is nearing the end of my day.
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2009 at 9:39 PM

J

Apr 8, 2009 at 9:48 PM
I'm going to have to punt for today. Got the signing squared away, but was getting compile errors. Never worked with a deployment project before so I'm going to have to brush up. I'll see what tomorrow brings. Thanks again.