Userlookuptype with mixed users ( LDAP + DB ) ?

Jun 29, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Hi all.

I need to have mixed users in one web application : some registered in Active Directory and others in DB.

Is there any way to set userlookuptype in my web.config to allow this ?

Thanks

Moreno

Jun 29, 2009 at 10:45 AM
Hi Moreno,
which are your needs ?
You can always CheckAccess for AD or DB Users without changes in your web.config.
Please continue this thread on the NetSqlAzMan Forum ... instead of private msgs.
Regards,
Andrea.

Jun 29, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Hi Andrea

I have 2 doubts about NetSqlAzManRoleProvider configuration in my application's web.config :

1) Since in NetSQLAzMan console I can assign both AD Users and DB users to some role, why must I specify userLookupType="LDAP" or "DB" ?
I would like
applications just make a call to "IsUserInRole(...)" like I do for MS AzMan  (if they don't need more granularity )

2) In our environment there two Active Directory domains : 1 forest with four child domains ( that contains all users of four company branches ) and 1 forest with 1 domain ( for Db servers and web servers ).
The forests are full trusted ( Kerberos )
defaultDomain="" parameter can manage such environment ? ( defaultDomain is "user" domain or "web server" domain ? )

Thanks

Moreno

Jun 30, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Hi Moreno,

if you use NetSqlAzManRoleProvider you cannot use mixed users (DB and Windows).

Regarding defaultDomain property … if blank … it refer to the Default Naming Context [Root Forest].

Otherwise you can specify your Child Domain (or Forest) … i.e.: “DC=MyDomain, DC=My Ext”.

Regards,

Andrea.

http://netsqlazman.codeplex.com