Refresher QA for new commers

Sep 18, 2009 at 12:08 AM

Hello Andrea

I am not new to Azman but I am new to NetSqlAzmanl I have installed this prodcut and I am quite impressed.

I imagine you have answered these questions before but it will be great if you point me to those places.

1st. Now that microsoft's Azmans has an SQL provider is this the same as your NetSqlAzman or are they competting products?

2nd. I need to create less chatty authorization mechanism, for example I need to get everything a user can do on an application, like for example a typed dataset with all the tables and the specific information, or an entity. The reeason is that I need to run authorization over presentation menus and other widgets (commands, read only datagrid columns, etc.). And this has to be done all at once and not with a series of if (authorized0 then... else... or not even declaratively with attributes. I just want to pass the current user authorization store trhrough an inventory of widgets, and inventory of entities, and and inventory of workflow states. Maybe NetSqlAzman already does this but could you point me to the right place and example?

Let me split this question in two:

2.1  Clearly the store is very powerfull, but how do you extend it to handle authorization over inventories (widgets, workflow states, entities, etc.) mentioned above?? and for remote access over a non chatty interface.

2.2 I guess an ESB or SOA, authorization on the client side needs to be done over a local sotre without reaching to the database and without using a chatty interface and anticipating authorization over an large inventory of client items. how do you go about doing this with this product? and is there an example?

Thanks

Cordially,

Luis

Sep 19, 2009 at 8:56 AM

Hi Luis,

1) NetSqlAzMan was born as a porting of AzMan but for SQL Server only ... then were added a number of features that AzMan does not have.

2) To get the list of all user authorized items by invoking the NetSqlAzMan.Cache.StorageCache.GetAuthorizedItems() method or pass through the NetSqlAzMan WCF Cache Service (to be installed in addition to the core).

2.1) NetSqlAzMan is just an authorization repository. You can ask it ... "I can do this operation ?" ... and the answer can be "yes" or "no". All the rest should be done by the application.

2.2) NetSqlAzMan WCF Cache Service was designed to do this.

You can find examples and tutorials into the “NetSqlAzMan Guide.pdf”.

Regards,

Andrea.