Multiple WCF Cache Service instances?

Oct 20, 2009 at 8:53 PM

Is it possible that WCF Cache Service runs in multiple instances? If so, how to make it work?

I would like to install WCF Cache Service in a server with two instances: one for development and the other for testing. Is it possible?

Similar scenario. Can I have two web sites (Web Console) in the same server for development and testing?

Thank you.

Frank

Coordinator
Oct 21, 2009 at 5:51 AM
Hi Frank,
by now WCF Cache Service name is not configurable, so you can install 1 instance per machine.
We can think to a change request for the future (I will copy this thread as a new work item).
For the web console just create another Web Site/Virtual Directory with a differente name but on the same IIS and you will have two different WebConsole (without using WebConsole setup).
Regards,
Andrea.

Coordinator
Oct 21, 2009 at 5:52 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2009 at 6:17 AM

Hi,

After a lot of research, I have discovered that Visual Studio Setup Projects (.MSI) does not allow multiple installation of the same product.

So I'm not able to allow two NetSqlAzMan installation on the same machine.
You could work-around this problem by using different Store:

i.e.:
1) Development Store
2) Production Store

About the WCF Cache Service, just cache all and don't apply any filters in the configuration file.
Anyway I will promise to check the new Visual Studio 2010 to see if there is some fix about this.
Work Item stilll opened.

Regards,
Andrea.